Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Jason's Soul Vegan Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream

My man, Jason, eats both peanut butter and bananas like it's his only chance at survival. He eats them separately, together, for breakfast, for snack, every day. I've seen him dash across the street to a separate store to buy a banana when they weren't available at the cafe at which we were eating. So, when I discovered a vegan ice cream could be made simply from combining bananas and peanut butter, I knew I had to try making it. Once I tasted this dish's simple beauty, I found it worthy to be named in Jason's honor.

The simplicity of the concept is as mind numbing as hanging out with frozen bananas. Just puree pieces of frozen banana, add other ingredients and eat. I suggest freezing your banana bits on a flat surface, apart, which I did not do. They will puree faster, and you won't need to take a large knife to the contents of your food processor.



Jason's Soul Vegan Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
adapted from The Oh She Glows Cookbook
serves 2

3 bananas, peeled, broken into pieces and frozen
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 dollops strawberry preserves for topping (optional and replaceable)

1. Throw the bananas in the food processor and start it.
2. Add the peanut butter, sugar and vanilla, and puree the whole mixture until it is a smooth consistency.
3. Serve immediately with a dollop of strawberry preserves on each serving, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment